Friday, April 29, 2011

WE DID IT

We did it, we did it, we did it yeah!

You know the famous words-we did it, we did it, we did it yeah!-you are all singing the words to the Dora theme song now. That's how I feel-we did it! We survived/enjoyed our first 6 months here in Minnesota. It's been the BEST 6 months of my life, while also being the HARDEST 6 months of my life.

When we moved here, I was on cloud 9 (don't get me wrong I was sad but I was also ecstatic). We had our family (the 4 of us) back together living under one roof together. I jumped in feet first-I went to church to meet people, I joined a MOPS group to meet people, I even joined a gym to meet people. I wanted/expected to make friends instantaneously and I wanted everything to be like it was-what I was used to for the past 30 years of my life. I said, we were completed dependent on God but I was still trying to CONTROL the situation.

We went back to Tulsa for Thanksgiving and then again for Christmas. I enjoyed seeing friends and family when we were "home." I said everything was great but I wasn't completely honest. After Christmas is when I started to struggle emotionally. I hid my feelings from almost everyone. The weather changed to dreadfully cold-we didn't get out as much, we didn't have much money to do anything, I wasn't used to staying home every day and I hadn't made instant "bff's" with everyone.

The first of February was when everything changed. I realized the mistakes I was making and I completely "let go"-all control. I had to or I wasn't going to make it. Since then, God has brought some phenomenal people and friends into my life. I am blessed! He has taught me more than I could have imagined. I have learned, laughed and cried more than I expected but it's all been 100% worth every minute of it. I have explored my new surroundings and I have tried my hardest to make this our home. I am truly grateful for this amazing opportunity. I know this is exactly where Peter and I (and our girls) are supposed to be at this time. Who knows what the future holds for our amazing family but right now...Plymouth, MN is our HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. Peter and I have been happily married for 7 amazing years. Each day we face new and wonderful challenges of raising two incredible daughters.