We all get homesick around here from time to time but lately it's been Adeline. She has really been missing family members. I think she is finally realizing that we live far away from them. It started a few weeks ago, when she woke up one morning and she asked for Peter's mom "gramma". There were tears because she wasn't there.
Since then, every time she gets up from a nap and most mornings, she asks for Poppy (my dad), Grammy (my mom), Gramma (Peter's mom) or Granddaddy (Peter's dad). Last night, she had gone to bed but woke up asking for Poppy. So we called my dad. Here is the conversation:
Poppy: "hello"
Adeline: "I want you Poppy"
*Insert heart break on both ends of the phone*
They talked for a few minutes and Adeline was close to tears and I am pretty sure my dad was too. Adeline kept saying over and over again "I want you Poppy!" It was probably one of the sweetest conversations that I have ever listened to.
Adeline has also become more verbal lately and I love to hear what comes out of her mouth. I'm not going to lie-there is some sass but also some of the sweetest words in the world. For example, last night, we were talking about Christmas and who was going to be at my parents house.
Me "Grammy, Poppy, Uncle Bucka, Aunt Amy, Paps."
Adeline: "Where's Grams?"
Me: "in heaven"
Adeline: "No, she is in o-do-homo with Paps"
Me: "No, she is in heaven with Jesus"
Adeline: "Heaven, with Jesus?? I love Jesus!"


That is so sweet!! I cried reading this.
ReplyDelete