Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pumpkin Bread in our pajama's

Peter is out of town, so the girls had a day where we stayed in our pj's and made pumpkin bread. We made a total of 8 loaves but I'm sure they won't last. This is one of my all time favorite things to bake. It has become our Christmas present for teachers and co-workers for several years. From October to January, I usually make about 24 loaves. In fact, a man we used to give it to in Tulsa, talked with Peter the other day and said he dreamed about this bread. It has been a staple in my family all my life. My mom used to make it for us when we were growing up (and still makes it) and for years, I thought it was a secret family recipe but it isn't...

Here is a picture of the girls ready to start making the bread....and a sneak peak of our living room.

Adeline pouring eggs into the bowl...look closely and you can tell, she missed the bowl. It was a huge mess but hilarious.


Harper mixing



The pans ready to put in the oven. The girls were so proud of their pumpkin bread



The yummy finished product. Between the 3 of us, we have already eaten 1/2 a loaf.

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. Peter and I have been happily married for 7 amazing years. Each day we face new and wonderful challenges of raising two incredible daughters.