Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I got a J-O-B (well actually 2 J-O-B-S)

That's right folks, I got 2 J-O-B-S. I had always been a "working" mom (only 3 days a week) until we moved to Minnesota. When we moved to Minnesota, we (Peter and I) decided I would stay home to be with the girls and to get us all settled. Well, we are settled and we LOVE Minnesota. We've had a few "random" maybe we shouldn't stay here moments but in the long run, we know this is our home and this is exactly where GOD wants us to be. We never know for how long but our goal as a family is to follow God's will for us.


Okay, back to my J-O-B-S. I decided I wanted to go back to work-why you ask?? because I love kids, I love doing speech pathology, I love the flexibility that comes with 2 incomes and I wanted to send our girls to the best possible preschool. I am a firm believer in getting kids in preschool/mother's day out at a young age. Harper and Adeline thrived at 'school' and quite honestly, we all got along better when there was a little separation in the day. Don't get me wrong-I LOVE and ADORE my girls more than life itself but we all need this. I will be a better mommy! Harper needs the structure and academics and well, Adeline begs to go to school. So I got 2 jobs. It started out as one at Kidspeak working 3 days a week (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday)-going into client's homes (pediatrics) doing speech pathology. Well, I got another offer for only 5 hours a week at a Fine Arts High School so I decided to that as well. I will still only be working 3 days a week but my days will be a bit longer and more full. 3 days will be the perfect balance for our family-at least I hope:)


I'm excited to get back to doing what I love but also so very nervous to be leaving my "babies" at preschool. We've been together, all day, everyday for over 10 months. It's time to let these two beautiful girls spread their wings and fly here in Minnesota. I know they will do beyond amazing. I'm also nervous to get back into a "work" routine, learn 2 new jobs and still be the best possible mommy. The girls will start school and I will also start working (the day after Labor Day) on September 6th.


Oh and I did I mention, we are moving into a beautiful new townhouse on Saturday, September 3rd. Yep, there are going to be some major changes/transitions in store for the McAdams family. So right now, I am going to cherish my last week of 'summer' with the girls and put on my BIG GIRL pants and keep right on packing.

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. Peter and I have been happily married for 7 amazing years. Each day we face new and wonderful challenges of raising two incredible daughters.