Friday, October 29, 2010

Learning to SPELL is so much fun!

I'm so excited~a few weeks ago, (when Harper was in preschool) she really became interested in letters and their sounds. Peter's mom also bought Harper The Letter Factory DVD's (thanks Gramma)! Ever since then she has been constantly asking how to spell things and what letter do certain words start with. So today, I had an experiment (with our refrigerator magnets) and my little girl can spell. I would say a word and she would sound it out as she spelled it. She spelled cat, dog, hat, sit, hot. She gets very excited when she finishes each word. Now, I need to find her a preschool that can keep her engaged in learning. Harper needs to constantly be learning and I'm not sure I know the correct rules for teaching reading.

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. Peter and I have been happily married for 7 amazing years. Each day we face new and wonderful challenges of raising two incredible daughters.