Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Harper

To my dearest Harper Ann….

WOW, I can’t believe you are turning 3 years old. I have no idea where the last 3 years have gone. I remember the day we found out that we were pregnant with you-it seems like just yesterday. There are so many things that I want to tell you. First, I love you more than words can describe. You will never know how much I love you until you have your own little girl and hold her for the first time. I LOVE the way you love life. You get so excited about the little things-you shout with joy and jump up and down. Harper Ann you make each day brighter because you are you. I love that you are a VERY opinionated independent child. You are very strong willed and sometimes even mommy doesn’t know how to respond to you. I love that when are frightened…you look at me with your beautiful blue eyes and say, “Jesus will take care of me!” Sweet girl, you have no idea-Jesus is constantly with you/watching over you and I hope you always remember those words! You have started to become shy in big crowds, which is a bit surprising because you are always performing at home. I love when you sing. I love when you dance. I love that you have a little twang to your voice. I love your imagination. I love to watch you play with your sister.

What a difference a year can make. I remember last year at this time, we were anticipating Adeline’s arrival. You weren’t so sure about her for the first few weeks but now you are two are the best of friends. You are such a helper when it comes to her!

You are still going to Mother’s Day Out 3 days a week at FUMC-Early Learning Academy while mommy works. You love school and you love your teachers (Miss Bonnie and Miss Amanda) and your friends at school. You love to play school. The other day, I caught you acting like you were the teacher and you were teaching the “pretend” students the bible verses that you have learned this year. It literally brought tears to my eyes. (you know 4 now: Love One Another, Jesus Has Risen, Always Be Thankful and Jesus Was Born in Bethlehem).

Another darling story, your friend Owen May was over the other day and he said “I love school” and you responded with “I LOVE CHURCH!” You have no idea what joy that brought my heart to know that you love Jesus and you love your church.

You are beginning to spell your name. Wherever we go, you point out all of the “H’s” (for Harper) and the “A’s” (for Adeline). Also, lately you have become quite the artist-you have been drawing people and it’s incredible. You are also building amazing things with blocks. Gramma thinks you will be a fashion designer because of the way you like to put random pieces of clothing together to make an outfit but lately your daddy and I think maybe an architect…time will tell and we will just have to wait and find out.

You started gymnastics this fall and absolutely LOVE it. You are so attentive. Each week you go and sit on the mat and wait patiently for Miss Michelle to say it’s time to go back. You literally jump all of the way back to the room.

I can’t wait to see what this next year brings for our family. You are such a delightful daughter and I feel so HONORED that GOD chose me to be your mommy. Love you always!

I decided to interview you to get some of your fun facts: Favorite Movie: Shrek (the trilogy) Favorite Song: You have so many but you said “Jesus Loves Me”
Favorite TV show: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Dora the Explorer
Favorite toy: Lovey (it’s a giraffe that you sleep with every night)
Favorite color: pink
Favorite letter: H
Favorite number: 3
Favorite food: Breakfast (cereal bar, yogurt and waffle-your typical morning request…yes, all 3 of these)
Favorite Bible Verse: Love One Another
Best Friend: Addie (not sure if you are talking about your sister or your friend at school)
Favorite Book: Fancy Nancy
Favorite place to eat: Chick-The-Lay (Chick-Fil-A)Favorite thing to do: Go to the parkClothes size: 3T for shirts and dresses and we are going to attempt 2T for shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. Peter and I have been happily married for 7 amazing years. Each day we face new and wonderful challenges of raising two incredible daughters.